This is a really simple curry that is using one of my favourite ingredients, cauliflower. Cauliflower is an amazing ingredient as it acts like a sponge and soaks up flavours you combine it with. Here is the recipe below to serve 4 people:
- half a head of a cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 125ml vegan stock
- 2 big tomatoes, chopped
- 125g frozen peas
- olive oil
- Put the chopped cauliflower in a large bowl with all the spices and toss to ensure all the florets are evenly coated.
- Pour a healthy glug of olive oil into a large wok over a medium/ high heat. Once the oil is hot add the cauliflower and mustard seeds and cook for 8-10 minutes. Turn the cauliflower every minute or so and it should start to soften and soak up the spice flavours.
- Add the onion and pepper to the pan and cook for a further 6 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic and cook for only 1 more minute.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and peas and let it simmer for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are as soft as you like them, keep stirring.
- Serve with brown rice or eat on its own.