Bored of your lunches and stuck for new ideas? This is my go-to soup for pretty much most days for a lunchtime. Its really quick, so easy and filled with beautiful green ingredients that are also really cheap. What’s not to love? I usually take a soup to work with me everyday and love it. You can also change up the ingredients in some parts if you don’t have/ like something. The broccoli can easily be changed to courgettes and here I used pinto and cannellini beans but use whatever you have in your cupboard! As long as they’re ready to eat and not covered in a sauce, they’re good to go! Butter beans work really nicely too.
Here is the recipe for the version I made written below and it can easily serve 4 people.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500g broccoli (one large broccoli head)
- 200g frozen peas
- 400g canned beans (i used 200g pinto beans and 200g cannellini beans)
- 2 tbsp basil pesto (i use this one as its vegan)
- 2 tbsp vegan stock powder (i use this one)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Add the olive oil intoto a big pan and start to heat. Peel the papery part off your garlic cloves then mince or chop finely, add these to your pan. Cook on a low to medium heat for about 1 minute. You don’t want the garlic to brown.
- Chop your broccoli into small florets then add to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes on a medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. The broccoli should start to soften and give off a subtle nutty aroma, yum!
- Rinse your tinned beans and add these alongside the peas to the pan. Mix your stock in with some boiling water and add to the pan. With the water, add just enough that it just covers all your ingredients. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 7 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir through the basil pesto.
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you like this as much as I do.